And now that (for all intents and purposes) the blog is done and ready, I'm wondering if I should even bother leaving LiveJournal.
What I would gain:
1) Freedom. No mindless Abuse staff with little to no understanding of law and no asses to try and cover.
What I would lose:
1) Friends-Only Posts. Not insignificant.
2) User Icons (I could probably hack something into WP if I were not a slacker)
3) Phone posts, phonecam posts, polls, all the other silly stuff not available to free users. I hardly use these features but they still would be a loss.
4) Simplicity (aka, one-stop-shopping). I would have to still maintain a LJ account (albeit free) in order to read friends posts, add comments, etc. but all my content would be on my server and (even though it would be syndicated on LJ) people would have to leave LJ in order to comment.
Posting under a free LJ account isn't an option because I would have even less leverage with LJ staff if /another/ problem came up. Plus, a free LJ account wouldn't be a lot different than my wordpress install, except for keeping content together.
So, I guess I have 9 days to ponder this.
(As an aside, I wish WordPress currently supported OpenID [a sort-of-working-plugin is here.])
Current Music: QCD: [243 -0:34] Maximo Park / The Night I lost my head